https://donvaledunkers.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/DONVALE-DUNKERS-FINAL-LOGO-2-300x199.png 0 0 Megan Templeton Templeton https://donvaledunkers.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/DONVALE-DUNKERS-FINAL-LOGO-2-300x199.png Megan Templeton Templeton2018-08-12 20:58:222018-08-12 21:12:42Rule 23. Working With Children’s Check
1 June 2018
- All coaches of a junior domestic team that has players, either regular or likely fill in’s, under the age of 18 will require a Working With Children (WWC) check and a completed Basketball Victoria statutory declaration. This includes:
- Teams in the Under 21 and Under 23 age groups where they have regular players or likely fill in players, who are under 18 years of age but do not include coaches who are themselves under the age of 18.
- Coaches who are also parents or close relatives of players in the team are not exempt and must also complete a WWC check and statutory declaration
- The only exemptions that are recognized by Basketball Victoria, and therefore Melbourne East Basketball Association, are sworn members of the Victoria Police Force, on receipt of a photo copy of their current police photo ID card and registered Victorian school teachers, on receipt of a photocopy of their current teacher’s registration card.
- In addition to coaches all junior domestic club committee members and members of the Junior Domestic Competitions Committee must also undergo a WWC check or provide a copy of one of the above listed alternatives.