please read the info below or watch the attached link for changes
This is “FIBA Unsportsmanlike Foul New Rule TOC” by Basketball Victoria on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
- (Criteria 1): Not a legitimate attempt to directly play the ball within the spirit and intent of the rules.
- Excessive, hard contact caused by a player in an effort to play the ball or an opponent.
- An unnecessary contact caused by the defensive player in order to stop the progress of the offensive team in transition. This applies until the offensive player begins his act of shooting. (new additional rule)
- Contact by the defensive player from behind or laterally on an opponent in an attempt to stop the fast break and there is no defensive player between the offensive player and the opponent’s basket. This applies until the offensive player begins his act of shooting.
- Contact by the defensive player on an opponent on the playing court during the last 2 minutes in the fourth period and in each extra period, when the ball is out of-bounds for a throw-in and still in the hands of the official or at the disposal of the player taking the throw-in.
NEW DEFENCE RULE –
- NO ZONE DEFENCE TO BE PLAYED FOR U14 AND YOUNGER AGE GROUPS.
The only exception is when a team has no substitutions for the game .
Definition of zone defence: Any defence played in the half court which does not incorporate normal man to man principles shall be considered a zone.
Penalty for not adhering to this rule: First instance is a warning to the offending coach. Following warning, if the coach refuses to adhere to the rule a bench technical is to be awarded against the offending team.