Please be advised that Basketball Victoria has provided further clarity regarding the Restricted Activity Directives as we make our way out of Lockdown 5.
For at least the next 2 weeks, the following restrictions will remain in place for the junior domestic competition:
- Every venue is required to have a COVID Check-In Marshall present.
- All patrons must sign-in using the QR Code Check In and show their completed check in to the COVID Marshall before entering the court area.
- Spectators are not permitted.
- Only ONE (1) parent/guardian is permitted to attend for players under 18 years of age.
- We ask that you source alternative arrangements for the minding of any siblings etc.
- Patrons must not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to their game and wait in their car or outside the venue.
- Patrons must leave immediately after their game.
- Patrons upon entering the venue must go directly to their court and not walk around the venue (with the exception of going to the bathroom).
- All players, coaches, referees must wear their mask until they take the court.
- All parents/guardians must wear their mask at all times (unless a valid exemption is held).
- Basketball Victoria has advised that anyone with a medical exemption can be asked to provide proof of such and must carry their exemption with them.
- Only the coach can bring in up to 2 basketballs for warm-up/game us and the basketballs must be cleaned prior to use.
As noted by Basketball Victoria in their 27th July release, “Collectively, it is basketballs responsibility to ensure this success is not short lived and that all stakeholders do everything possible to protect the health and safety of the community within the guidelines provided”.