If you are looking for a way to get younger kids involved in the Dunkers then we have something for you! The Future Dunkers is a safe way for young kids to start training in a playful and enjoyable environment while learning the essentials of basketball. This is something we’d love for students Prep to Grade 2 to have a go at – if you think it might be too much to start them in a team.
Thank you for getting your memberships organised so quickly! We will be advising of teams shortly and look forward to seeing you all in the Winter Season. For Season dates please visit the home page.
Have a great Easter and good luck to all those teams playing finals.
please read the info below or watch the attached link for changes
This is “FIBA Unsportsmanlike Foul New Rule TOC” by Basketball Victoria on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
- (Criteria 1): Not a legitimate attempt to directly play the ball within the spirit and intent of the rules.
- Excessive, hard contact caused by a player in an effort to play the ball or an opponent.
- An unnecessary contact caused by the defensive player in order to stop the progress of the offensive team in transition. This applies until the offensive player begins his act of shooting. (new additional rule)
- Contact by the defensive player from behind or laterally on an opponent in an attempt to stop the fast break and there is no defensive player between the offensive player and the opponent’s basket. This applies until the offensive player begins his act of shooting.
- Contact by the defensive player on an opponent on the playing court during the last 2 minutes in the fourth period and in each extra period, when the ball is out of-bounds for a throw-in and still in the hands of the official or at the disposal of the player taking the throw-in.
NEW DEFENCE RULE –
- NO ZONE DEFENCE TO BE PLAYED FOR U14 AND YOUNGER AGE GROUPS.
The only exception is when a team has no substitutions for the game .
Definition of zone defence: Any defence played in the half court which does not incorporate normal man to man principles shall be considered a zone.
Penalty for not adhering to this rule: First instance is a warning to the offending coach. Following warning, if the coach refuses to adhere to the rule a bench technical is to be awarded against the offending team.
The Ringwood referee branch just opened applications to the new referee school.
The application can be found @ the Ringwood hawks website (www.ringwoodhawks.com.au) under the referee tab.
All applicants will be required to attend the group interview at 3pm – 5pm on Sunday 24th September at The Rings Stadium to choose participants for this referee school.
If accepted, you also need to attend the following theory sessions while also running on court at least once per week with a mentor:
Session 1: 7-9pm Sunday 8th October
Session 2: 7-9pm Sunday 15th October
Session 3: 7-9pm Sunday 22nd October
Session 4: 7-9pm Sunday 29th October
If you have any questions, please remember to check out our FAQ: Becoming A Referee Here.
Applications close September 24th prior to the Group Interview.
School cost is $110 (subject to change)
Includes whistle and trainee shirt.
We thank you for your patience as we trial a new registration process. We are working around the clock to make this as easy as possible and have extended the registration date to this Sunday for those that have had some difficulty completing all 3 steps:
- Pay your season membership – this covers registration, team sheets (team managers pay this during the season) and coach gift;
- Purchase a new singlet (we have a new uniform) (currently on special);
- Register each of your players (you need to login using the details you provided when you pay the season pass).
Please let us know if you have any difficulties with this process, we are here to help!
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE THIS Friday 18TH AUGUST!
Some answers to questions that have been asked recently
- Do I have to complete all steps to register?
- Have your fees changed?
- Yes and No. Yes the way that we’ve structured our fees have changed but the overall cost hasn’t. What we’ve done is combined the registration fees with the team sheet and coaches gift (which was previously paid direct to the team manager). We felt this would help reduce the pressure on team mangers in dealing with $$ and having to chase parents for payments. Team managers will now be given these funds into their nominated bank account before the start of the season.
- It is worth noting that we have removed the 1st time player “free” option. As it costs the Club for every player that plays at Dunkers, we felt it only fair to charge all players.
- Are the uniforms optional?
- Are the uniform sizes the same?
- What do I do with my old Dunkers singlet?
- What a great question! We think it would make an awesome training top 🙂
- I have a question
- Please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll help you 🙂
- This is all new for us too and we’re doing the best we can to help make this process easier for everyone. Let us know if something doesn’t work well for you and we’ll get it fixed:)