Spectators Code of Conduct
Basketball is intended to be a recreational activity for enjoyment and health. This code of conduct has been developed by Basketball Victoria to give participants some guide to the expectations it has on those participants. It is intended to assist everyone to obtain the maximum benefit and enjoyment from their involvement in basketball. As a result, the quality of participation will be improved so people are more likely to start and continue their involvement in basketball. Enjoy!!
- Remember that most people play sport for enjoyment.
- Accept decisions of all referees as being fair and called to the best of their ability.
- Always be positive in your support for players.
- Condemn the use of violence in any form.
- Respect your team’s opponents, officials and spectators.
- Encourage players to obey the rules and to accept decisions of officials.
- Demonstrate appropriate social behaviour by not using foul language or harassing players, coaches or officials.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person.
- Keep children in your care under control.
- Always respect the use of facilities and equipment provided.