Winter Season 2023 Registrations
Contact Dunkers for more information
NEW EARLY BIRD RATE We’ve introduced an Early Bird offer this season! Get in before Wednesday 1st March before 10pm to get the discounted rate of $310 for your registrations!! We are also offering a split payment option. Read below under Fees explained for more info.
TIMING Please note that the registration process takes a few weeks. It is very rare that we are unable to find a place on a team for players – if that’s the case we will contact you early in the process to let you know. MEBA require us to submit proposed teams by mid September.
TEAMS WILL BE RELEASED after the current season finishes. The Committee has to find Coaches and Team Managers for each team and walk them through all steps in order for us to comply with our Child Safety Standards – this can take a while! So we ask you to be patient while our volunteers do our best in putting together teams for your players as quickly as we can 🙂
Scroll down past the links to find more information regarding
- WHO should register
- FEES explained
- Season DATES
- Playing AGES explained
Registration for Winter 2023
Step 1 – Complete the registration form at PlayHQ and PAY for this seasons fees
Step 2 – Purchase your uniform at our Dunkers website
STEP 1 – PLAYHQ
- This link takes you to PlayHQ’s Dunkers page.
- You’ll need to hover over WINTER 2023 – “Register a Player” then “Get Started”.
- You’ll need to login or create a login
- Fill in the required fields.
- PAY for your registration at PlayHQ *
- You may also be asked to pay for your Basketball Vic Insurance fee here (paid annually)
- Multiple players – You have to fill out separate registration forms for each player each season.
- You will be asked to “Register another player” after each submission. Payment is completed separately for each player in order to capture Basketball Victoria fees which are time sensitive.
*Coaches from Summer 2022-23 you can use your emailed code
**This task is easier to complete on a computer rather than a phone
Hoodies $45 kids $50 adults
We have a moderate stock of uniforms at hand should anyone need a new uniform. Existing players should order ASAP in order to get their exisiting singlet #
We do tend to put through bulk orders prior to the start of each season so please register ASAP so that your order can be captured in this order.
Click on the link below to order today
WHO CAN REGISTER FOR DUNKERS?
Dunkers fields teams for U8 – U18 aged players. Please note that 90% + of our players attend Donvale Christian College.
PREP STUDENTS –
- We highly recommend that players wait until grade 1 before enrolling in the competitive Saturday programs as for the majority of players, their ability to grasp the basics of basketball isn’t present in most kids aged 5 and 6.
- We do offer a short skills based junior program called Future Dunkers that runs each term 1 and 3 that caters for Preps to Grade 2. Click HERE link below for more information.
GRADE 1 & 2 STUDENTS
- Dunkers prefers all new players in this age group to have completed at least 1 Future Dunkers program or equivalent (Hoops, The Rings and other similar holiday basketball programs) before starting with Donvale Dunkers. Click HERE for more information.
1. Basketball Victoria insurance cover fee $29. This fee is an annual fee paid through PlayHQ. PlayHQ will automatically include the fee in your cart when it is due.
2. Early Bird Rate of $310 Registration Fee per player. We understand that this fee is higher than last season but there has been an increase in MEBA team entry fees and Team Sheet fees. Payments made after 4th March 10PM will pay full price of $330.
SPLIT PAYMENT OPTION – Payments can be made in full or half up front. If you’d like to take this option please email [email protected] and you will be given a personalised code to use at checkin. You will then be asked for the final amount before starting back from the June/ July holidays.
Paid via PLAYHQ which covers the following –
Dunkers Club Fee – $51
- Covers Coaches Gifts / trophies & medals / Coaching kit and medical supplies / website, operational & admin fees
GYM Hire Fee – $47
- All 1 hour training sessions on Monday or Tuesday night at Donvale Christian College.
- Dunkers had absorbed most of the cost of this last season as we transitioned into our new hire agreement with the school
MEBA Fees – $222
- Team registration and Team sheet fees for 17 rounds – Club pays for Elimination Final and Grand Final
PRESENTATION DAY Fee – $10
Presentation Day will be held at the end of the season to acknowledge players for their efforts for the season. We encourage all families to come and enjoy the sausage sizzle, raffle prizes and medal/trophy presentations.
Summer Season cutoffs are “under the age of the prescribed competition (8,10,12,14,16,18 and 23) on the 30th June in the same year the competition commences”.
Winter Season cutoffs are “under the age of the prescribed competition (8,10,12,14,16,18 and 23) on the 31st December in the year prior to which the competition commences”.
Dunkers teams train at Donvale Christian College. Enter through Gate 1.
We train on Mondays and Tuesday from 3:30 – 9:30pm. Training times are at the discretion of the team’s coaches.
It is expected that U8 and U10 players will have a parent/guardian accompany them to training.
WINTER 2023 SEASON DATES
- April 29
- May 6, 13, 20, 27
- June 3, 10 (NO GAME), 17, 24
- SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
- July 8, 15, 22, 29
- August 5, 12, 19, 26
- September 2
- Elimination Final – September 9
- Grand Final – September 16
- Presentation Day – September 17 TBC